Carlos Abarca is a partner in ARHMF’s Corporate and Financial Services practice. Mr. Abarca focuses his practice on finance, commercial, corporate and cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience working with counsel from foreign jurisdictions and has particular experience and familiarity with the legal systems and business practices of Spain and Latin America.
Mr. Abarca previously served as Vice President of Corporate Finance at Chase Manhattan Bank where he was involved in structuring financings for acquisitions, working capital needs and long term assets in the United States as well as Latin America. Mr. Abarca has worked with some of the largest firms in the country and advised on sophisticated transactions with an emphasis on cross-border matters. He regularly represents companies in acquisitions and divestitures, lenders and borrowers in domestic and cross-border transactions and Florida entities in general and corporate matters.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition, construction, and financing of three utility scale solar projects in Latin America.
- Advised leading global solar energy company in international joint venture with Fortune 50 company for up to 200M of solar projects.
- Represented publicly trade company in the acquisition of a leading and vertically integrated producer and distributor of rawhide products which included multiple manufacturing plants in Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, and Colombia.
- Represented a Central American telecommunications company in several large syndicated loan transactions and in a bond issuance.
- Represented financial institutions and borrowers in domestic and international financing transactions of all types, including secured and unsecured loans, real estate loans, syndicated loans and acquisition loans.
- Represented several wireless content providers in negotiating distribution agreements throughout Latin America.
- Represented payment processor in the sale of a majority stake and sale of convertible preferred shares to a private equity fund.
- Represented U.S. Bank and a credit card issuer in the sale of their consumer portfolios and operations in Paraguay.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in the acquisition of a logistics company in Singapore.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in the sale of a subsidiary in Brazil.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in a $860 million syndicated multi-currency revolving loan.
- Represented several manufacturers in establishing distribution agreements in the U.S. and Latin America.