A founding partner at ARHMF and a former practice group leader of the International Litigation and Arbitration practice group of an AmLaw 20 national law firm, Wilfredo (“Fred”) Rodriguez brings extensive litigation, trial, and arbitration experience to the firm. Mr. Rodriguez regularly represents domestic and international clients in disputes relating to contractual matters, business torts and fraud cases, banking and other financial institutions, franchise and management agreements in the hospitality and other industries, corporate and partnership dissolutions, unfair competition, fraudulent transfers, intellectual property, and real estate-related actions.
With over 25 years of litigation experience, Mr. Rodriguez has defended and prosecuted a wide variety of complex domestic and international business disputes in the state and federal courts of the United States. He has also acted as lead counsel in numerous arbitrations and mediations conducted in the United States and in various foreign jurisdictions under the rules of the ICC, ICDR, IACAC, AAA, and UNCITRAL. He is also experienced in other international arbitration-related matters such as pre-arbitration interim and conservatory measures and post-arbitration award recognition, annulment, enforcement and collection actions.
Publications & Speaking
- Presented Florida International Bankers Association webinar entitled “Impact of US Regulatory Reform for International Banks in the US and their Foreign Head Offices.”
- Speaker at South Florida Banking Institute Monthly Event entitled “The Dodd-Frank Act: A Community Bank Perspective.”
- Speaker at the Florida International Bankers Association’s Credit Administration Program regarding legal issues associated with syndicated loans, participation, and cross-border loan transactions.
Awards & Recognition
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in the practice area of International Arbitration - Commercial in Miami by Best Lawyers. (2017)
- Holds highest rating assigned by Martindale-Hubbell for his profession years.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Global.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners USA.
- Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2008-2016)
- Recognized by International Who’s Who of Commercial Litigation Lawyers.
- Recognized by Madison’s Who’s Who.
- Recognized by Florida Trend’s Legal Elite.
- Recognized by South Florida Legal Guide of Top Lawyers.
- Served as an editor for the University of Miami International Law Review.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America, 19th Edition.