A partner in ARHMF’s litigation practice, Ms. Mora represents domestic and foreign businesses in commercial litigation cases in federal and state court, before various arbitration panels, and in federal and state appellate courts. In court, Ms. Mora has represented defendants and plaintiffs in civil disputes involving contracts, banking regulations, business torts, corporate governance, fraud, foreign judgments, injunctions, and appeals. She has successfully defended several class actions. Ms. Mora also advises clients on risk assessment, compliance, government investigations, complex discovery and internal investigations, as well as matters involving the U.S. Attorney’s Office, FBI, OCC, FDIC, the State of Florida, grand jury proceedings, civil discovery, and e-discovery.
Ms. Mora joined ARHMF when the firm was founded after having worked several years with ARHMF’s founding partners at a large, multinational law firm. Ms. Mora served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable R. Fred Lewis of the Florida Supreme Court. She also served as Chair on one of the Florida Bar’s Eleventh Circuit Grievance Committees. Ms. Mora is certified by The Florida Bar as an arbitrator for The Florida Bar Grievance Mediation and Fee Arbitration Program.
Publications & Speaking
- “Default and Relief from Default,” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, Tenth Edition, Chapter 18, co-author (Florida Bar, 2013).
- “Default and Relief from Default,” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, Ninth Edition, Chapter 18, co-author (Florida Bar, 2011).
- “E-Discovery in Practice: A Roadmap for Financial Institutions,” presented to the Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) (2011).
Awards & Recognition
- Appointed by The Florida Bar to serve on the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee "D" for a three-year term, beginning May, 2016
- Recognized in Best Lawyers Business Edition 2016 Women in the Law section for Commercial Litigation
- Honored by Hispanic National Bar Association as the 2015 HNBA Region VIII Distinguished Services Award Recipient
- Certified by The Florida Bar’s Grievance Mediation & Arbitration Standing Committee as an arbitrator for Florida Bar fee disputes in May of 2013
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2013 - 2016)
- Recognized as a Rising Star in Florida Super Lawyers (2010 - 2013)
- Honored by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as a "40 Under 40" Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County (2012)
- Appointed Chair of the Florida Bar’s Eleventh Circuit Grievance Committee “L” (2012)
- Recognized as one of Florida’s “Up and Comers,” Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2007 - 2009)
- Represented large multinational retailer in defending multi-million dollar federal class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Represented multiple U.S. companies in defending federal class action lawsuits alleging violations of TCPA.
- Represented large multinational company in complex information technology litigation, including in a successful evidentiary hearing regarding complex e-discovery disputes.
- Represented large multinational company in defending lawsuits concerning product defects and warranty claims.
- Represented corporate client in successfully defeating class action certification and lawsuit.
- Represented financial institution in defending a complex dispute with a developer and contractor concerning the foreclosure of an incomplete project and allegations of lender liability.
- Represented several financial institutions in connection with several types of federal investigations and subpoenas.
- Represented large multinational company in an arbitration and federal litigation involving the international shipment of goods.
- Represented local company in successfully managing multiple litigation cases, work outs, and debt restructurings to avoid bankruptcy.
- Represented client in successfully defending appeal concerning personal jurisdiction issues.
- Represented client in successfully defending appeal concerning forum non conveniens issues.