As a Partner in the firm’s corporate and financial services group, Mr. Rodriguez has experience in counseling domestic and foreign clients in complex matters relating to general and asset-backed finance, as well as cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Rodriguez has also represented clients in connection with factoring and receivables based financing, as well as other banking and financial services matters. Mr. Rodriguez also has extensive experience in representing clients in aircraft financing, as well as aircraft purchase and sale transactions. Mr. Rodriguez regularly counsels corporate clients with respect to general corporate matters including shareholder relationship structures, dissolution and sale-related matters and other legal issues related to their daily business operations. Mr. Rodriguez has worked on transactions and represented clients in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Caribbean.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rodriguez was an associate at an AmLaw 100 firm where he worked on a variety of domestic and international matters.
- Represented Pensam Capital in connection with a preferred equity investment for the acquisition of 16 multifamily properties across four states totaling 3,382 units.
- Represented a Latin American maritime transport company in connection with its U.S. $30,000,000 partial acquisition of a U.S.-based maritime transport company.
- Represented a Florida-based private real estate lender and investment firm, as borrower, in connection with a U.S. $25,000,000 Secured Uncommitted Credit Facility.
- Represented a major U.S. bank, as purchaser, in connection with a $35,000,000 Non-Recourse and Uncommitted Receivables Purchase Agreement, including negotiations of servicing and trust rights with a major European financial institution.
- Represented Star Computer Group, Inc., and certain of its affiliates, as borrowers, in connection with a U.S. $40,000,000 Working Capital Loan from BankUnited.
- Represented a foreign investment fund in connection with its U.S. $60,000,000 equity and debt investment in a U.S.-based hospitality group owning multiple high-end resort and condominium projects throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
- Represented health care client and its affiliated companies in connection with a U.S. $15,000,000 credit facility provided by a U.S. financial institution.
- Represented a large Latin American financial institution in connection with a U.S. $325,000,000 credit facility from a syndicate of 16 European banks.
- Represented a large Latin American financial institution in connection with a U.S. $40,000,000 interbank credit facility provided by a European syndicate.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized as a Florida “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2013 - 2016).
- Recipient of M&A Advisor 2016 Emerging Leaders Award