Graciela Cardona concentrates her practice on financial services and general corporate and real estate matters.
During law school, Ms. Cardona interned with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida and the Department of Justice Office of Immigration Litigation Appellate Section in Washington, D.C. Ms. Cardona also interned for the Honorable Adalberto Jordan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Immigration Court in Miami, Florida.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- October 2014 – Firm presentation on U.S. Department of Commerce reporting requirements for non-U.S. investors who own 10% or more of a U.S. company.
- Assist domestic and foreign banks in connection with regulatory matters, including BSA/AML/OFAC compliance matters.
- Assist financial institutions and borrowers in financing transactions, including asset-based loans, acquisition financings, trade finance, and secured credit facilities.
- Assisted with both asset backed and real estate secured aspects of an SBA loan involving five borrower entities and four facilities.
- Assist a Miami-based real estate investment firm with national portfolio in connection with preferred equity transactions used to facilitate acquisitions of multifamily apartment communities.
- Assist with general corporate matters, sale-related matters and legal issues related to corporate governance.
- Prepare franchise applications for global hotel brands on behalf of hotel property owners.
- Assist with due diligence review in connection with purchase and sale of hotels and other commercial real estate.
- Lead due diligence review in connection with acquisition of financial publishing company.
- Finalist, Susan J. Ferrell Intercultural Human Rights Moot Court Competition.
- Recipient, Dean’s Scholars at Florida International University College of Law.
- Recipient, Book Award for Profesión Jurídica Comparada.