As a founding partner of ARHMF and former practice group leader of the Immigration Practice Group for an AmLaw 20 national law firm, Eugenio “Gene” Hernandez brings extensive experience in the area of immigration law. Mr. Hernandez specializes exclusively in the field of immigration, nationality and consular law principally in business-related matters with an emphasis on corporate transfers, professionals, entrepreneurs and investors.
A native of Cuba, Mr. Hernandez attended the University of Florida where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree and a B.A./B.S. Certificate in Latin American Studies. He then went on to earn a Master of Arts degree, cum laude, from Georgetown University and a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Florida School of Law. Mr. Hernandez also studied at the Paris Institute of International and Comparative Law in Paris, France.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Author of articles published by The Florida Bar.
- Articles in the International Law Quarterly.
- Frequently lectures on the topic of immigration law.
- Served for a number of years as program Co-Chair and coordinator of the Annual Immigration Law Update, sponsored by the Florida Bar CLE Committee, the International Law Section and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Speaker at Desayuno con CABA – CLE Breakfast Series on Business Immigration Options in the U.S.
- Participated in Univision's 23 phone bank concerning new developments in U.S./ Cuban immigration policies.
- Speaker at 2017 South Florida Economic Summit organized by Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2006-2016)
- Holds highest rating assigned by Martindale-Hubbell (AV) Preeminent.
- Selected by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners USA as one of America’s Leading Immigration Lawyers.
- Selected by Law & Politics as a Florida Super Lawyer.
- Named among South Florida’s Top Lawyers by the South Florida Legal Guide.
- Recognized as Florida Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine.
- Recognized in The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers, published by Law Business Research in the UK.
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award by Lawyers to the Rescue.