As a founding partner of ARHMF, Marco Ferri brings a highly specialized focus in the practice areas of finance, international and corporate law to the firm. Mr. Ferri concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions and commercial finance, joint ventures and preferred equity investments, having successfully negotiated and closed transactions for clients in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Mr. Ferri's merger and acquisitions experience includes both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Mr. Ferri has extensive experience in assisting foreign clients in establishing a U.S. presence. His clients include multinational concerns in the security, transportation, and real estate sectors, as well as manufacturers, and importers and exporters of durable goods and services. Furthermore, Mr. Ferri regularly assists multinational clients in transactional matters such as distribution agreements, cross-border financing, and corporate structuring.
Publications & Speaking
- Co-author of “Covenant-lite loans: an overview,” October 2015, Financier Worldwide.
- Panelist for Hispanic National Bar Association's 5th Annual Corporate Counsel Conference on unique issues of cross-border and international mergers and acquisitions.
- Panelist on "Role of Brazil in Globalization of Law and the Legal Profession," at Florida International University, hosted by FIU College of Law, FIU Latin American and Caribbean Center, and Miami Consortium for Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- Author of “Securities Regulations as a Limitation on Access to Foreign Securities for the Individual U.S. Investor: A Proposal for Change,” 11 Fla. J. Int’l Law 473, 1997.
- Authored an article published in MRO Management titled “Key Considerations for Negotiating a Successful MRO Contract.”
- Represented Guernsey-based GoldenPeaks Capital Real Estate, an investment and management company, in its $125,000,000 acquisition of the luxury SLS South Beach Hotel.
- Represented G4S in back-to-back acquisitions of SSE Do Brasil Ltda., the parent company of Brazilian security alarm company Instalarme Soluções Electrônica Ltda. for U.S. $27,000,000 and security systems integrator Plantech Engenharia e Sistemas Ltda.
- Represented Pensam Capital, a Miami-Based real estate investment firm in a $73MM acquisition of six multifamily properties located in central/north Florida, South Carolina and Iowa totaling 1,570 apartments.
- Continually represents Pensam Capital on preferred equity investments in multi-family properties, retails, and student housing throughout the U.S.
- Represented G4S on the sale of Colombian subsidiaries, G4S Secure Data Solutions S.A.S. and G4S Document Delivery to Iron Mountain for $54,000,000.
- Represented a Latin American maritime transport company in connection with its U.S. $30,000,000 partial acquisition of a U.S.-based maritime transport company.
- Represented G4S in the acquisition of Interativa Services, the leading facilities management company in Brazil.
- Lead attorney in representation of Magna RE (Buenos Aires) in its first U.S. investment – a $175,000,000 capitalization of The Gencom Group, one of the largest owners of Ritz-Carlton flagged hotels.
- Lead attorney in representation of Eidico Turismo (Buenos Aires), in its first U.S. investment – the acquisition of a majority interest in an entity owning The Lord Balfour hotel, a boutique hotel on South Beach’s Ocean Drive.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2009-2016)
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Global as a Leader in the field of Corporate M&A (Latin America) (2011-2015).
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners, Latin America’s Leading Business Lawyers Guide (2009-2017) in Region-Wide Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners USA (Florida), in Latin American Finance (2009-2016) .
- Finalist, Top Dealmaker of the Year in Hotel category, Daily Business Review, May 2016.
- Holds highest rating assigned by Martindale-Hubbell (AV) Preeminent.
- Selected by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in America. (2016)
- Recognized as Top 100 Corporate/M&A Lawyers in Latin America by Latinvex (2015-2016)
- Recognized in multiple editions of Florida Trend Magazine as Florida’s Legal Elite.
- Recognized in multiple editions of the South Florida Legal Guide.