As a member of ARHMF’s Corporate and Financial Services Practice, Edilsa Ruiz focuses her practice in the areas of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, joint ventures and all types of general contractual matters. Ms. Ruiz has advised multinational clients in connection with cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and finance transactions throughout Latin America and the United States.
Her experience also includes counseling clients on corporate governance matters. She remains actively involved in the strategy and operations of various clients.
Prior to joining ARHMF, Ms. Ruiz was an associate in the corporate and securities practice of a large international firm where she participated in a range of complex cross-border transactions involving many jurisdictions such as Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru.
- Continually represents Pensam Capital, a Miami-based real estate investment firm, in its preferred equity investments for the acquisition of multi-family real estate properties.
- Represented Pensam Capital in the financing of a mezzanine loan for the acquisition of a Class A, best-in-class, 184-unit garden style multifamily community located in New Braunfels, Texas.
- Represents various domestic and foreign multi-national entities in the areas of asset sales and acquisitions, organizational structuring and incorporation.
- Represents US financial institutions in financing transactions, including secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated credit facilities.
- Represented a South Florida bank in the acquisition of a multi-loan portfolio of EXIM Bank insured trade finance loans.
- Represented a privately held company based in Miami in the $360 million sale of its coffee brands and business.
- Represented a global leader in solutions for the wireless industry in its strategic acquisition of a start-up company in Spain.