Chris Avila is an associate in ARHMF’s corporate department where he represents domestic and foreign business in a variety of commercial maters. Mr. Avila’s practice is focused on financial services and bank regulation, including licensing by federal and state regulatory agencies and advising financial institutions on applicable federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements. Mr. Avila has also been involved in numerous mergers and acquisitions of varying size and complexity and performs comprehensive legal due diligence in support of such matters. Mr. Avila is also the primary associate responsible for ARHMF’s trademark practice and has successfully secured trademark registrations for many of the firm’s clients. In addition, Mr. Avila also spent time overseas on a secondment with one of ARHMF’s clients where he gained valuable experience working in-house for a large and complex multinational organization.
Outside of ARHMF, Mr. Avila is a director of the Notre Dame Club of Miami and sits on the committee responsible for organizing the Club’s annual golf tournament. Mr. Avila is also the official liaison between Notre Dame Attorneys in South Florida and students at Notre Dame Law School. Mr. Avila is also involved with the Miami Chapter of UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, and serves as chairman of that organization’s annual 5K run/walk.
- Represented Banco de Credito e Inversiones (BCI), the third largest bank in Chile, in the purchase of City National Bank of Florida from Bankia, S.A., for a purchase price of U.S. $946,900,000, including due diligence, preparation of the purchase agreement, U.S. regulatory filings and all other transactional matters.
- Represented group of foreign investors in the acquisition of Espirito Santo Bank from the Portuguese bank, Banco Espirito Santo, including due diligence.
- Represented a Bolivian investor in acquisition of a $5,000,000 majority interest in Anchor Commercial Bank, including identifying banks that would be good candidates for acquisition, preparing purchase agreement, obtaining approvals from the Florida Office of Financial Regulation and the Federal Reserve, managing closing of transaction, and obtaining regulatory approval for new directors and officers of the bank.
- Represented a foreign banking client in the licensing of international banking offices in the State of Florida.
- Represent numerous clients in securing trademark registrations.