- Ilene Lopez
- Tel: 305.779.3568
- Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Financing Transactions
- International and Cross-Border Transactions
As a founding partner of ARHMF, Marco Ferri brings a highly specialized focus in the practice areas of finance, international and corporate law to the firm. Mr. Ferri concentrates his practice on asset-based lending and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and has successfully negotiated and closed transactions for clients in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Mr. Ferri has extensive experience in assisting foreign clients in establishing a U.S. presence. His clients include multinational concerns in the security, mining, transportation, telecommunication, and real estate sectors, as well as importers and exporters of durable goods, yachts, commodities, technology, and other goods and services. Furthermore, Mr. Ferri has expertise in assisting multinational clients in transactional matters such as distribution agreements, cross-border financing, and corporate structuring.
Publications & Speaking
- Author of “Securities Regulations as a Limitation on Access to Foreign Securities for the Individual U.S. Investor: A Proposal for Change,” 11 Fla. J. Int’l Law 473, 1997.
- Authored an article published in MRO Management titled “Key Considerations for Negotiating a Successful MRO Contract.”
Awards & Recognition
- Holds highest rating assigned by Martindale-Hubbell (AV) Preeminent.
- Selected by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Global as a Leader in the field of Corporate M&A (Latin America) (2011-2013).
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners USA (Florida), America’s Leading Business Lawyers Guide (2009-2013) in Latin American Finance.
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners, Latin America’s Leading Business Lawyers Guide (2009-2013) in Region-Wide Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Recognized in multiple editions of Florida Trend Magazine as Florida’s Legal Elite.
- Recognized in multiple editions of the South Florida Legal Guide.
- Continually represents G4S plc (“G4S”), the world’s largest private security solutions provider, on an ongoing basis and serves as outside regional counsel for the Latin America and Caribbean region, advising on a variety of transactions and issues that arise from acquisitions and the management of subsidiaries in 22 countries (2002-present).
- Represented G4S on the sale of G4S Secure Data Solutions S.A.S. and G4S Document Delivery to Iron Mountain for $54,000,000 (2013).
- Represented Pensam Capital, a Miami-Based real estate investment firm in a $73MM acquisition of six multifamily properties located in central/north Florida, South Carolina and Iowa totaling 1,570 apartments.
- Represented a Latin American maritime transport company in connection with its U.S. $30,000,000 partial acquisition of a U.S.-based maritime transport company (2012)
- Represented G4S in the acquisition of Interativa Services, the leading facilities management company in Brazil for an undisclosed sum (2011).
- Represented G4S in back-to-back acquisitions of SSE Do Brasil Ltda., the parent company of Brazilian security alarm company Instalarme Soluções Electrônica Ltda. for U.S. $27,000,000 and security systems integrator Plantech Engenharia e Sistemas Ltda. for an undisclosed sum (2010).
- Lead attorney in representation of Magna RE (Buenos Aires) in its first U.S. investment – a $175,000,000 capitalization of The Gencom Group, one of the largest owners of Ritz-Carlton flagged hotels (2010).
- Lead attorney in representation of Eidico Turismo (Buenos Aires), in its first U.S. investment – the acquisition of a majority interest in an entity owning “The Wave” hotel, a boutique hotel on South Beach’s Ocean Drive (2010).